Who We Are
Who we are seeking and why?
Exciting opportunities for passionate, spiritual grounded individuals who wish to join a dynamic Human Services Organization. Are you passionate about caring for the most vulnerable and being not only spiritual warrior but a servant leader?
Who we are as an employer?
Volunteers of America Chesapeake (VOAC) is a faith based organization with over 700+ employees that provide shelter for the homeless, affordable housing, second chance opportunities for those transitioning from prison back into the community, mental health and substance abuse services, assistance to veterans and their families, care for individuals with severe developmental disabilities, in the Maryland, Virginia, District of Columbia, and North Carolina regions. In addition, VOAC is an affiliate member of the National Volunteers of America that has over 16,000 employees serving over 70,000 individuals nationally.
Some people can't imagine doing what we do.
We can't imagine not doing it.
At Volunteers of America we are more than a nonprofit organization. We are a ministry of service that includes more than 16,000 employees nationwide and more than 70,000 volunteers working together to help individuals who need our help the most.
We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the organization. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All actions in connection with any position or employee of Volunteers of America shall be taken without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Values that Guide Our Work
What’s in it for you?
Be a part of an organizational movement toward change. Showcase your ability to be dedicated and servant leader. At the same time, growing in the organization and taking on new challenges, being self-reflective and providing support wherever needed.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for individuals who personally and/or professionally follows the VOAC Mission and Core Values known and unknown (See below):
- We are: Visionary – Transforming our future with imagination from God.
- We believe in: One Body – One family working together with unity and respect.
- We are grounded in: Integrity – Demonstrating action and decision to safeguard trust.
- We have high: Compassion – Genuine concern, kindness and selfless devotion toward each other those we serve.
- We strive for: Excellence – Exceeding promises to our stakeholders with agility expertise and innovative solutions (Working from Gods Presence within).
- We do this as a perspective: Of Faith - Our foundation. The belief in, trust in and loyalty to God.
What we offer for your growth and stability:
Benefits & Employee Incentives
We offer a full suite of benefits (click on the benefits section for more information). We also offer employee recognition programs, career growth, remote worker opportunity for certain positions and transfer opportunities where applicable.
Employee/Employer Cost-Shared Benefits:
- CareFirst Medical - High Deductible with HRA administered by OCA
- Guardian Dental PPO
- Guardian Vision
Employer Paid Benefits:
- Paid Vacation (Full-time, and Part-time 30+ scheduled hours/week)
- Medical/Sick Leave (Full-time, and Part-time 30+ scheduled hours/week)
- DC Sick and Safe Leave (accrual 1 hour per each 37 hours worked)
- 10 Paid Holidays (Full-time eligibility required)
- Holiday Benefit for Part-time Employees approved to work on a Holiday
- Bereavement (Funeral) Leave (up to 3 days for immediate family member)
- Paid Jury Duty Leave (up to 10 work days)
- Life/AD&D, Full-time Employees (Equal to 1x Employee’s Annual Salary)
- Life/AD&D, Part-time Employees 20+ scheduled hours/week (Equal to $5,000)
- Short-term Disability Full-time Employees (14 calendar day elimination period, then 60% of Employee Annual Salary)
- Long Term Disability – Full-time Employees (60% of Employee Annual Salary)
- 403(b) Discretionary Annual Profit Sharing (Full-time and Part-time eligible)
Voluntary Benefits (Employee Paid):
- Life/AD&D (in addition to Company-paid Group Life: purchase coverage in units of $10,000, up to lesser of 5x salary or $500,000), Guaranteed Issue - $150,000
- Spouse Life/AD&D (in units of $5,000, up to one half of Employee election
- Child Life/AD&D in $1,000 units up to $10,000
- 403(b) pre-tax and 403(b) Roth Deferral
- Medical Flexible Spending (Minimum Annual Contribution $100; Maximum Annual Contribution $1,500). Eligibility -- Full-time Employees and Part-time Employees 20+ scheduled hours/week
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending (Minimum Annual Contribution $300; Maximum Annual Contribution $5,000) – Eligibility Full-time Employees and Part-time Employees 20+ scheduled hours/week
- Colonial Life (whole life, group hospitalization, cancer, specified illness, and short-term disability)
- LegalShield, pre-paid legal services
- Guardian Accident Insurance
Employee Assistance Program - for you and your family
Employee Recognition – Thank you for the work that you do
Employee Events – Holiday, Spring, Summer, Potlucks, Birthdays and Celebrations.
Employee Referral Bonus – You know someone refer them and be rewarded financially
Employee Discount Program – Movies, plays, dinners etc.
Tuition Reimbursement – Go back to school and finish your dreams.