Grant Per Diem (GPD) Case Management is designed to improve housing retention for veterans who were formerly homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
Since 2010, Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas has supported military veterans who were formerly homeless or at risk of homelessness through our North Carolina Grant Per Diem (GPD) Case Management program. Working in collaboration with the Veteran Affairs (VA) Grant and Per Diem Program (GPD), this community-based program improves the housing retention of veterans in need. Through this program, our goal is to reduce the rate at which veterans experience homelessness and trauma while helping veterans maintain long-term stability and self-efficacy.
- Home visits to monitor housing stability
- Providing/coordinating educational activities
- Meal planning
- Tenant responsibilities
- Use of public transportation
- Service referrals (e.g., mental health, substance use recovery, medical, etc.)
- Employment services
- Financial management
- Development of natural supports
- Participation in case conferencing with other service providers
- A veteran
- Eligible for GPD; Verified by providers Use SQUARES
- Recently homeless (might have been in GPD TH, HCHV CRS, or other literally homeless situation) and has entered permanent housing
- Previously homeless, in permanent housing, but at imminent risk of losing housing
- Typically, not involved with another program (VA or community) that provides housing case management including GPD Transition in Place, SSVF or HUD-VASH
To learn more, please contact us at (984) 245-0043.