Targeted Case Management
Address: 7505 Greenway Center Drive, Suite 201, Greenbelt, MD 20770
Phone: (240) 429-2600
Fax: (301) 306-5105
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
The Targeted Case Management Program (TCM) allows Volunteers of America Chesapeake to expand the scope of mental health services. The program serves adults that meet the Maryland Medical Assistance eligibility criteria and struggle with serious and persistent mental health challenges. The program assist consumers to enhance their mental wellness and community integration. It increases participants' access to needed resources to move forward with their recovery and achieve their goals while living in the community.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Enrolled in the Maryland Medical Assistance Program or eligible.
- Has a serious and persistent mental health disorder and is: (a) In, at risk of, or needs continued community treatment to prevent, inpatient psychiatric treatment; (b) At risk of, or needs continued community treatment to prevent, being homeless; or (c) At risk of incarceration or who will be released from a detention center, prison, or psychiatric hospitalization.
The Targeted Case Management office is located at 4611 Assembly Drive, Suite D, Lanham, MD 20706.
The Targeted Case Management provides services to adults with serious mental illness, who are at risk of going into, or will be released from, an impatient hospital stay; homeless or in Shelter Plus Care; residing in independent housing and in need of services to retain their housing; or risk of incarceration or being released from a detention center. TCM also provides services for children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbances, who are in or at risk of inpatient psychiatric treatment, treatment in Residential Treatment Center, or an out at home placement due to multiple life stressors.
- Case management
- Referrals to community services and resources
- Crisis intervention
- Mental health services referrals
- Substance abuse and recovery services referrals
- Referrals to life skills training on issues such as parenting, budgeting, health care and home maintenance
- Income support services—employment services & benefits support/assistance
- Employment and/or education referral and assistance
The Targeted Case Management provides comprehensive services through a recovery based model to enhance the wellness of all eligible consumers that meet the Maryland Medical Assistance eligibility criteria as specified in CO MAR 10 09 24, and Case Management participation. TCM works to increase access to needed resources and to help them achieve their Individual Service Plan (ISP) goals. TCM works to prevent consumers from being re-institutionalized or provide access to a higher level of care such as; inpatient psychiatric treatment, care in a residential treatment center, out-of- home placement, and incarnation.
- Clients are encouraged to refrain from substance abuse.
- All clients, adults and children, should be involved in constructive daytime activities—employment, school or other, as appropriate.
- Clients must focus on their needs and positive growth.
- Clients must be willing to participate fully in the program and work on issues and needs obstructing achievement and maintenance of housing self-sufficiency. Group and individual assignments regarding budgeting and finance, household management, and empowerment/self-esteem may be required.
- Financial responsibilities such as income, rent payments, savings, assets and expenses verification will be required for proper support.
The Program staff consists of 2 Case Managers, 1 Care Coordinator, and 1 Program Director.
In April 2014 Volunteers of America Chesapeake was approved to be a provider of Targeted Case Management. The service begin date was 3/1/2014. There are only two TCM providers in Prince Georges County.
For more information about the program please contact Vanessa Valdez, Assistant Supervisor at (240) 429-2600 or via email at email@example.com.