Providing Individualized Mental Health Services to Adults in Need
The Prince George’s Behavioral Health (PGBH) program is a community-based behavioral health provider offering Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) services and Residential Rehabilitation Program (RRP) services to persons with chronic mental health challenges in Prince George’s County. Through individualized rehabilitation and program planning, consumers work with staff to maximize their strengths, gain supports and develop and maintain skills necessary to progress and move towards independent living.
- Reduce the return rate of community placements to a state hospital setting.
- Reduce community psychiatric hospitalizations.
- Increase community integration by expanding recreational and social activities, and educational and employment opportunities.
The program serves adults with chronic mental illness. PGBH services individuals from state hospitals, (i.e. Spring Grove Hospital Center, Springfield Hospital Center, Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center), local hospital providers, and from members of the community.
All referrals must be linked to Prince George’s County and be referred via the Prince George’s County Core Service Agency.
- Medication monitoring
- Independent living skills development
- Symptom management
- Stress management
- Relapse prevention planning with linkages to employment
- Education and/or vocational services
- Crisis prevention
- Housing placement
- Community activities
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:30AM – 5:30PM