Hope Has A Home
Thank you for your continuing interest and participation in the 2019 Spiritual Development Coalition.
See notes at links below from the first Spiritual Development Coalition Meeting that convened on June 26 at the Silver Spring Civic Center.
Key highlights include:
- Coalition members agreed to meet quarterly
- Date of next Coalition Meeting; October 31, 2019 , 11AM to 1PM, at the Silver Spring Civic Center, 1 Veterans Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Plans each team plans to achieve
- People responsible for convening meetings of teams addressing focus topics (by Skype or telephone) and keeping team members informed
- Education – Lionel Gloster
- Youth and Culture – Patricia Bunting
- Moral Injury – Richard Bontz
- Housing – Charles and Sandra Wilson
- Social Justice – George Lino and Davina Alston
- Mental Health – Reginald and Jana Berhow
- Initial Moral Injury Trainings
- July 24th – 1st Training in NC
- August 22nd – Training in Lanham
Remember: “Commit to the Lord whatever we do, and our plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:31
“Be strong and courageous and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged by the size
of the task for the Lord God is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” II Chronicles 28:20
In order to sustain our work and expand the coalition, we must pray individually and as a team.
Through our work in this coalition, we look forward to achieving all we are called to do.
May God support and sustain our efforts to make Chesapeake & Carolinas a greater Region of Hope.