Healthy Opportunities is a National Groundbreaking Program developed to provide a wide array of non-medical interventions to many Medicaid enrollees. The services covered include 4 categories of food insecurity, Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), Housing, and Transportation.
VOA Chesapeake and Carolinas will be providing Housing services as the Human Service Organization (HSO) under the Network Lead-Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear servicing Bladen, Pender, and Columbus counties in NC
More About Our Services
As the HSO for housing we are the frontline social service provider that contracts with the Network Lead to deliver pilot services. We participate in the healthcare delivery system, including submitting invoices and receiving reimbursement for services delivered.
VOACC will support identification of potential pilot-enrollees by connecting them to their primary health provider or case manager.
All referrals will be made to us through the Unite Us/NCCares 360 platform-referrals are assessed and evaluated by their CM and/or PHP and the PHP will then authorize services and the referral will be made to us through the platform.
Eligibility criteria include:
To qualify for services, Medicaid managed care enrollees in Standard Plans and Behavioral Health I/DD Tailored plans must reside in a pilot region and have:
- At least one Physical/Behavioral Health Criteria: Adults having two or more qualifying chronic conditions, pregnant women (history of poor birth outcomes) children ages 0-3 (neonatal intensive care unit graduate) and children 0-20 (experiencing three or more categories of adverse childhood experiences ACES)
- At least one social risk factor: Homeless and/or housing insecure, food insecure, transportation insecure, at risk of, witnessing or experiencing interpersonal violence
- Housing navigation, support, sustaining services
- Inspection for Housing Safety and Quality
- Housing Move in Support
- Essential Utility Set Up
- One time payments for security deposit and first months rent
For more information
- Contact: Sonya Green, Program Coordinator
- Call: (910) 207-6134
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (910) 207-6164