Volunteers of America Chesapeake, Inc. is a faith-based, non-profit organization whose mission is inspire self-reliance, dignity and hope through health and human services.
Founded in 1896 in Baltimore, MD Volunteers of America Chesapeake was one of the first branches of Volunteers of America - one of the nation's largest and most comprehensive human services organizations.
Through a dedicated and committed team of management, staff and volunteers and guided by our Core Values: Caring, Respect, Faith, Quality and Trust - Volunteers of America Chesapeake helps thousands of people each year throughout Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia at our 31 programs serving:
- Neighbors who experience homelessness or are at risk to be homeless
- Individuals with mental illness
- Individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Those in need of affordable housing
- Those in need of supportive services
- Those recovering from substance abuse addictions
- Those involved in community corrections
Volunteers of America Chesapeake is one of 33 Volunteers of America affiliates across the United States. Together we help more than 2.5 million people in more than 400 communities.
At Volunteers of America Chesapeake our staff of more than 600 and volunteers numbering more than 2,000 coordinate our efforts with other agencies and local organizations to maximize the impact of our work.