Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP)
The HVRP Program provides employment assistance to female veterans and veterans with dependents who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Since 2012, Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas has offered veterans employment support through the Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program (HVRP), a Department of Labor funded program. The goal of the HVRP program is to help homeless female veterans and veterans with dependents who are homeless secure gainful employment. HVRP is a community-based program in partnership with the Department of Labor’s American Job Centers. Eligible veterans may gain skills, certifications, tools, uniforms and/or transportation supports in order to reduce barriers to employment as they reintegrate into the labor force.
- Financial assistance and community service referrals
- Job training and job search assistance
- Vocational counseling
- Industry-recognized certification trainings and licensing
- Life skills support services
- Placement into meaningful employment
- Child care support
- A female veteran or veteran with dependents
- Currently homeless, have been homeless within the past 60 days, at risk of homelessness, or enrolled in SSVF or HUD VASH
Alamance, Caswell, Chatham, Cumblerand, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Person, Orange, Randolph, Rockingham, Wake, Bertie, Edgecombe, Martin, Nash, Northampton, Halifax, Hertford, Pitt, Vance, Warren, Washington, Wayne, and Wilson
- To learn more about the HVRP program, please contact Shaina Gaines at:
- Phone: (919) 880-3853