VOAC's Health Home Clinic integrates traditional clinic based services (FSMHC) and community based rehabilitation services (MHRS) with a case management and care coordination component for people who have serious medical conditions.
Behavioral health data tells us that people who have a serious and persistent mental health diagnosis have a life expectancy that is 25 years shorter than the general population, often due to serious health concerns that may not be effectively managed in traditional medical health care systems.
Health Homes are designed to help people who have a serious medical condition like diabetes, COPD, coronary disease, HIV, or high blood pressure, manage their health care for those conditions while also receiving treatment for their mental health and substance use disorders.
Services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Intake and Diagnostic and Assessment
- Treatment Planning
- Community Support
- Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Medication Management
- Case coordination and care management
- Peer Support Services
- Mental Health Services that are culturally and linguistically competent serving the Latino community
- Over seventeen (17) evidence based practices demonstrated to produce desired consumer outcomes
- Application assistance for disability and other benefits/entitlements
- Referrals and assistance accessing other services and supports as needed
To learn more about our DC Health Home program, please call (202) 836-8641
Hours of Operation:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9AM – 6PM
Tuesday/Thursday 9AM -9PM (After 5PM by appointment)
Saturday 9AM – 1PM (By appointment only)
After hours on call for enrolled consumers/clients
508 Kennedy St. NW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20011