DC Health Home
508 Kennedy St NW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20011
Hours of Operation:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9AM – 6PM
Tuesday/Thursday 9AM -9PM (After 5PM by appointment)
Saturday 9AM – 1PM (By appointment only)
After hours on call for enrolled consumers/clients
Insurance Accepted: DC Medicaid, DC Medicaid MCOs (AmeriHealth Caritas DC, HSCSN, Trusted Health Plan, Amerigroup DC), Medicare, DC Department of Behavioral Health, Uninsured people who are Medicaid eligible
VOACs Health Home Clinic integrates traditional clinic based services (FSMHC) and community based Rehabilitation services (MHRS) with a case management and care coordination component for people who have serious medical conditions.
Behavioral health data tells us that people who have a serious and persistent mental health diagnosis have a life expectancy that is 25 years shorter than the general population, often due to serious health concerns that may not be effectively managed in traditional medical health care systems.
Health Homes are designed to help people who have a serious medical condition like diabetes, COPD, coronary disease, HIV, or high blood pressure, manage their health care for those conditions while also receiving treatment for their mental health and substance use disorders.
- Adults and Families in the District of Columbia who have a primary mental health and a co-occurring serious physical health condition who need and can benefit from services;
- Consumer/clients are Medicaid eligible recipients who;
- May have co-occurring substance use treatment needs;
- May be homeless;
- May need assistance to access entitlements and permanent housing;
8488 square feet facility located on the second floor. It has a dedicated waiting room with reception, and a large conference/training room. There are administrative offices in addition to group programming and individual meeting rooms. It is accessible by bus, and there is on-street parking.
Mental Health Services:
- Intake and Diagnostic and Assessment
- Treatment Planning
- Community Support
- Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Medication Management
- Case coordination and care management
- Peer Support Services
- Mental Health Services that are culturally and linguistically competent serving the Latino community
- Over seventeen (17) evidence based practices demonstrated to produce desired consumer outcomes
- Application assistance for disability and other benefits/entitlements
- Referrals and assistance accessing other services and supports as needed
The DC Behavioral Health Programs are led by independently licensed behavioral health clinicians in the District of Columbia. The staff who deliver services may either be credentialed, non-licensed staff with 3 years of experience or more, or are independently licensed behavioral health clinicians.
Licensed staff may include:
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSW)
Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
Certified Addiction Counselors (CAC)
Certified and Credentialed Peer Counselors
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT)
Registered Nurses (RN)
Advance Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)