Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statements
National Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Volunteers of America values the rich diversity among all people to create a world of greater justice and hope.
- affirm that all people are created equally while acknowledging that some have wrongly endured unfairness, discrimination and inequity.
- celebrate our differences while recognizing the common humanity that unites us.
- embrace diverse perspectives to deepen understanding, provide innovative solutions, and strengthen our impact.
- promote an inclusive environment where all people feel accepted and valued.
- pursue equity as reflected in equal access, treatment and positive outcomes for all.
- partner with others that share a commitment to diversity, equity, equality and inclusion.
Theological Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Volunteers of America is a Christian church without walls dedicated to serving ALL people. We embrace the fullness of cultural, denominational, ethnic, political, racial, and theological differences. We acknowledge and respect the plurality of sexual and gender identity; and the diversity of voices that comes with difference in age, life experience, and socioeconomic status. We believe every individual is made in the image of God and deserves to be lifted up to the glory of God.
We especially seek and strive to:
-Reflect Jesus’ love for all people, especially the most vulnerable and marginalized, through authentic engagement with the communities we serve;
-Pay attention with sensitivity to every individual’s cultural narrative and the possible influence of our actions, words, prayers, and praise;
-Have courageous conversations amid difference; and
-Uphold the values of diversity and inclusion in our acts of social service, worship, and communal life.