DC Supported Employment
508 Kennedy St NW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20011
Hours of Operation:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9AM – 6PM
Tuesday/Thursday 9AM -9PM (After 5PM by appointment)
Saturday 9AM – 1PM (By appointment only)
After hours on call for enrolled consumers/clients
Insurance Accepted: DC Medicaid, DC Medicaid MCOs (AmeriHealth Caritas DC, HSCSN, Trusted Health Plan, Amerigroup DC), Medicare, Uninsured people who are Medicaid eligible
VOACs Behavioral Health Clinic located at 508 Kennedy St NW offers a supported employment program to any consumer who would like to work.
Supported Employment is an evidenced based practice delivered as a mental health rehabilitation (MHRS) specialty service. This program helps consumers who have struggled to find and keep employment, due to the severity of their behavioral health disability, learn and practice the skills they need to secure and maintain competitive employment.
Anyone who says they want to work is eligible. There is no requirement to be “employment ready” other than a desire to obtain and maintain employment. The supported employment team offers support throughout the employment process including the job search, application, interview, and support of on-going employment. Workshops on all aspects of employment are offered quarterly.
- Adults and Adult Family members in the District of Columbia who have a primary mental health and/or substance use disorder diagnosis who want employment;
- Consumer/clients are Medicaid eligible recipients who;
- May have co-occurring physical health needs;
- May be homeless;
- May need assistance to access entitlements and permanent housing;
508 Kennedy Street is a 8848 square feet facility located on the second floor. It has a dedicated waiting room with reception, and a large conference/training room. There are administrative offices in addition to group programming and individual meeting rooms. It is accessible by bus, and there is on-street parking.
- Intake and Vocational Assessment
- Individualized Work Plan (IWP)
- Supported Employment Job Club
- Treatment Team Coordination
- Job Development
- Job Coaching
- Job Assistance
- Follow-Along Supports
- Employer Supports
- Access to Mental Health Services including those that are culturally and linguistically competent serving the Latino community
- Application assistance for disability and other benefits/entitlements
- Referrals and assistance accessing other services and supports as needed
The DC Behavioral Health Programs are led by independently licensed behavioral health clinicians in the District of Columbia. The staff who deliver services may either be credentialed, non-licensed staff with 3 years of experience or more, or are independently licensed behavioral health clinicians.
Licensed staff may include:
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSW)
Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
Certified Addiction Counselors (CAC)
Certified and Credentialed Peer Counselors
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT)
Registered Nurses (RN)
Advance Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
Employment Specialists (credentialed staff)