Volunteers of America Chesapeake, Inc. is a faith-based, non-profit organization whose mission is to empower self-reliance and inspire hope. As a church without walls, we do this through personalized housing, ministry, health, and human services that benefit vulnerable individuals, their families and the community.
Founded in 1896 in Baltimore, MD Volunteers of America Chesapeake was one of the first branches of Volunteers of America - one of the nation's largest and most comprehensive human services organizations.
Through a dedicated and committed team of management, staff and volunteers and guided by our Core Values: Visionary, One Body, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Faith. Volunteers of America Chesapeake helps thousands of people each year throughout Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia at our more than 30 programs serving:
- Those experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless
- Individuals with mental illness
- Individuals and families of individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Those in need of affordable housing
- Those in need of supportive services
- Those recovering from substance abuse addictions
- Those involved in community corrections